Friday, October 07, 2005

Well, this is it. I finally bow to the powers that be and create the online blog. I haven't got away without losing my pound of flesh, though. After being informed politely by the browser that every username I chose is not available (as a direct consequence of being one of the slowest burning fuses to reach the blogging scene, I assume), with the added convenience of having to type and retype my password for each attempt, I finally reach the Holy Grail : this page. Before I pause to take a sip of its contents, however, I decide to write my username and sitename on some convenient slip of paper. As I lick the pencil in preparation, it dawns on me (as I'm sure you've already realized), that I dont have the slightest whit of an idea what my username is.
So - a little bit about myself. I'm kinda hoping someone out there, namely you, will recognize the characteristics as belonging to the reincarnation of some majordomo genius (hopefully of the species homo sapiens) and can help the self esteem. If not, what the hell, I've lived with it for all my twentysomething life anyway. As someone so aptly put it - not about me, but I'm sure it applies - I'm not one of the brightest lights in the harbour. What I do is schizophrenically called work (in the sense that it goes on in fits and seizures) for the general good of mankind, bringing down inflated American Rates for software - which could incidentally be written by a mouse with dysentry sitting on a keyboard (at least thats what I tell myself) - by sitting in a company in India. Using the term sitting in its most precise form. I'm waiting to take a few exams in the near future, so I can see what I'm really made of. On an aside, I've done my fair share of reading, watching TV, attempts at learning to play music (attempt being a slightly dignified word for what I did), and general lazing around on a warm Sunday afternoon. And a little more than my fair share of stupidity. A little prone to go overboard while putting my foot in my mouth sums me up nicely, I'd say.
Okay, so looking back over what I've written, dont really see any Einstinal characteristics anywhere. Still, it'll have to do, and it's all I have to work with anyway. Time to go back to what I'm sure everybody in the country is listening to now - Gorillaz' Feel Good Inc. Should help me...and also marks the end of my first post. Like the saying goes, lets see what this develops into.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vikram said...

do you mean to say that you expected Einsteinal characteristics when you looked back at the post?

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home